Japanese / English
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University
(Multimedia and Secure Networking Research Laboratory, Dept. of Networking Research)
Doctor of Informatics
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies
Research Bldg.#5, Yoshida Campus, Kyoto University
Yoshida-honmachi, Sakyo, Kyoto, 606-8501, Japan
E-mail: kotani _at_ media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Twitter: @daisuke_k (Most of my tweets are Japanese)
Software Defined Networking, OpenFlow, Future Internet, Information Security
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- The Advanced Computing Systems Association (USENIX)
- Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ)
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE)
- 2012.10-2016.3: Ph.D student in Department of Intelligence Science and Technology, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University.
- 2011.4-2012.9: Master student in Department of Intelligence Science and Technology, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University.
- 2007.4-2011.3: Bachelor student in School of Informatics and Mathematical Science, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University.
DBLP Google Scholar
International Conference Papers
- Daisuke Kotani
An Architecture of a Network Controller for QoS Management in Home Networks with Lots of IoT Devices and Services
2019 16th IEEE Annual Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), January 2019. [Accepted version (C)2019 IEEE] [slide]
- Keitaro Yamazaki, Daisuke Kotani and Yasuo Okabe
Xilara: An XSS Filter Based on HTML Template Restoration
The 14th EAI International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SecureComm 2018), Aug.2018. [Accepted version]
- Ryoh Akiyoshi, Daisuke Kotani, Yasuo Okabe
Detecting Emerging Large-Scale Vulnerability Scanning Activities by Correlating Low-Interaction Honeypots with Darknet
The 8th IEEE International Workshop on Network Technologies for Security, Administration and Protection, in Proc. IEEE 42th Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC2018), Vol. 2, pp.658-663, July 2018.
- Tsubasa Munemitsu, Daisuke Kotani, Yasuo Okabe
A Mixed Integer Programming Solution for Network Optimization Under Tunneling-Based Traffic Engineering Schemes
The 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Future Internet Technologies, in Proc. IEEE 42th Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC2018), Vol. 2, pp.769-776, July 2018.
- Tomohiro Ito, Daisuke Kotani, and Yasuo Okabe
A Threshold-Based Authentication System Which Provides Attributes Using Secret Sharing
The 3rd IEEE International COMPSAC Workshop on Secure Identity Management in the Cloud Environment (SIMICE), in Proc. IEEE 41th Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC2017), Vol. 2, pp.730-735, July 2017.
- Daisuke Kotani and Yasuo Okabe
Fast Failure Detection of OpenFlow Channels
The 11th Asian Internet Engineering Conference (AINTEC 2015), pp.32-39, November 2015. DOI=10.1145/2837030.2837035
- Daisuke Kotani and Yasuo Okabe
A Packet-In Message Filtering Mechanism for Protection of Control Plane in OpenFlow Networks
The 10th ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems (ANCS2014), pp.29-40, October 2014. DOI=10.1145/2658260.2658276
- Yoshiharu Tsuzaki, Ryosuke Matsumoto, Daisuke Kotani, Shuichi Miyazaki and Yasuo Okabe
A Mail Transfer System Selectively Restricting a Huge Amoount of E-mails
Workshop on Resilient Internet based Systems (REIS 2013), December, 2013. DOI=10.1109/SITIS.2013.146
- Daisuke Kotani and Yasuo Okabe
Packet-In Message Control for Reducing CPU Load and Control Traffic in OpenFlow Switches
European Workshop on Software Defined Networks (EWSDN), pp.42-47, October, 2012. DOI=10.1109/EWSDN.2012.23
- Daisuke Kotani, Kazuya Suzuki and Hideyuki Shimonishi
A design and implementation of OpenFlow Controller handling IP multicast with Fast Tree Switching
The 12th IEEE/IPSJ International Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT2012), pp.60-67, July 2012. DOI=10.1109/SAINT.2012.17
- Hideyuki Shimonishi, Yasuhito Takamiya, Yasunobu Chiba, Kazushi Sugyo, Youichi Hatano, Kentaro Sonoda, Kazuya Suzuki, Daisuke Kotani and Ippei Akiyoshi
Programmable Network Using OpenFlow for Network Researches and Experiments (Invited Paper)
The 6th International Conference on Mobile Computing and Uniquitous Networking (ICMU2012), Okinawa, Japan, May 2012.
- Daisuke Kotani, Satoshi Nakamura and Katsumi Tanaka
Supporting Sharing of Browsing Information and Search Results in Mobile Collaborative Searches
The 12th international conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE2011), pp.298-305, October 2011. DOI=10.1007/978-3-642-24434-6_25
Other Papers and Posters
- Keitaro Yamazaki, Daisuke Kotani, Yasuo Okabe
Xilara: XSS audItor using htmL templAte restoRAtion
IEICE Tech. Rep., vol. 117, no. 299, IA2017-49, pp. 89-94, Nov. 2017.
- Yu Takabatake, Daisuke Kotani, Yasuo Okabe
An anonymous distributed electronic voting system using Zerocoin
IEICE Tech. Rep., vol. 116, no. 282, IA2016-54, pp. 127-131, Nov. 2016.
- Daisuke Kotani and Yasuo Okabe
A Packet-In Message Filter in OpenFlow Switches for Reducing Control Messages
AsiaFI 2013 Summer School, August 2013.
- JSPS, Grants-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B) (KAKENHI), 2017.4 -
- The Kyoto University Research Funds for Young Scientists (Start-up), 830,000 JPY, 2016.6 - 2017.3
- JSPS, Grants-in-Aid for JSPS Research Fellow (KAKENHI), 3,000,000 JPY, 2013.4 - 2016.3
- NICT, EU-Japan cooperation on Novel ICT Robotics based solutions for active and healthy ageing at home or in care facilities, Agile Co-Creation of Robots for Ageing, 2016.11 -
- 2019 Spring: Perspectives in Informatics 1 (Information Security), Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University2018 Fall: Hardware and Software Laboratory Project 2, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University
- 2018 Spring: Practice in Information Security, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University
- 2018 Spring: Perspectives in Informatics 1 (Information Security), Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
- 2017 Fall: Hardware and Software Laboratory Project 2, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University
- 2017 Spring: Perspectives in Informatics 1 (Information Security), Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
- enPiT-Security/Basic SecCap (Security Education Program for Undergraduate Students) Kyoto University team member, 2017.4-
- SecCap (Security Education Program for Graduate Students), Kyoto University team member, 2016.4-
- 2016.4- Assistant Professor, Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University
- 2018.4- Investigator, Science and Technology Foresight Center, National Institute of Science and Technology Policy, MEXT
- 2015.10-2016.1 Teaching Assistant in Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
- 2013.4-2016.3: Research Fellow (DC1) of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- 2012.4-2015.3 Teaching Assistant in Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University.
- 2013.1-2013.3 Research Assistant in Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University.
- 2012.10-2013.3 Teaching Assistant (Hardware and Software Laboratory Project 2) in Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University.
- 2012.6-2012.9 Teaching Assistant (IT Keys) in Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
- 2011.8-2011.9 Research Intern in NEC System Platforms Research Laboratories.
- TPC Member, APNOMS 2019, 2019.9
- TPC Member, CFI 2019, 2019.8
- TPC Member, IEEE ICC 2019 MWS, 2019.5
- TPC Member, IEEE IWFIT, 2018.7
- PC Co-Chair, ITRC meet41, 2017.5
- PC Co-Chair, AsiaFI 2016 Summer School, 2016.6
- Student PC Member, AsiaFI 2012 Summer School, 2012.8
- 2019: IEEE CCNC, IPSJ JIP, IEICE Trans.
- 2018: IPSJ JIP, IEEE COMPSAC, IEEE TGCN, IEICE Trans.
- 2017: IEEE ICCCN 2017, China Communications, IEICE Trans.
- 2016: IEICE Trans., JSSST Computer Software, IPSJ/IEICE FIT 2016
- 2015: ICPP 2015
Other Academic Activities
- Member of Local Organisation Committee, IEEE PerCom 2019
- Guest Associate Editor, IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, Special Section on the Architectures, Protocols, and Applications for the Future Internet, 2019.5
- Member of Committee and Working Committee, JSPS 163rd Committee on Internet Technology, 2017.3-
- Expert member, Technical Committee on Internet Architecture, IEICE Communication Society, 2016.6-
- Organizing Commitee Chair, Computer Science Young Community, IPSJ Programming Symposium, 2015.10-
- Organizing Member of Computer Science Young Community, IPSJ Programming Symposium, 2012.10-
- IEICE Transactions on Communications, Guest Editor of Special Session (in Japanese), 2018.1
- CJK Workshop Co-Chair, AsiaFI 2016 Summer School
- CJK Workshop Co-Chair, AsiaFI 2015 Summer School
- Student Committee Member, AsiaFI 2013 Summer School
Other Social Activities
- 2017.4- Jouraku-kai (KUIS Alumni) Secretary
- 2017.8 Security Camp 2017 Experienced Tutor
- 2012.3 Completed IT Keys Program
- 2010.8 A member of the steering commitee of Toyama IT Summer Camp 2010
- 2009.8 A member of the steering commitee and a tutor of Toyama IT Summer Camp 2009
- 2009.8 A tutor of Security and Programming Camp 2009
- 2009.3 A staff of NEC Senior IT Supporters Forum in Hokuriku internet live
- 2008.8 A member of the steering commitee and a tutor of Toyama IT Summer Camp 2008
- 2007.8 A tutor of Toyama IT Summer Camp 2007
- 2007.8 A tutor of Security Camp 2007
- 2007.6-2011.7 A member of the steering commitee of Toyama Regional Internet Organization
- 2006.8 A staff of the relive of Yakamochi's Noto cruise travel internet live
- 2005.8 A tutor of Toyama IT Summer Camp 2005
- 2005.8 A tutor of Security Camp 2005
- 2004.8 Completed Security Camp 2004
- 2004.4-2007.3 A member of the steering committee of IT Network Assist Takaoka